Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I thought 2009 would be different

I stopped blogging at the end of 2008. I just decided that maybe I didn't need that outlet anymore and was hopeful for the new year. I was wrong.

In early January I was convinced that I was pregnant. After all, this would be my fourth and I have learned to pick up on little feelings. I was right. January 15th I woke up at 4am and tested......I was pregnant again! My hcg was going up fine....tripling or quadrupling every two days. I started taking progesterone twice daily, nightly lovenox injections in addition to my pills (baby aspirin, prenatal, expecta, 4 mg folic acid, B6....a total of 10 pills to choke down every night). I thought we were doing everything we could. I had pretty crappy morning sickness, which has really taken a lot out of me. I had my first u/s on February 2nd at 6 weeks, 2 days. We saw a heartbeat at 105 bpm. I thought it was low, but the nurse said it was fine. 2 weeks later at 8 weeks, 2 days we had our second u/s. The baby's heart had stopped....again.

I woke up today and I still have morning sickness. That is just cruel. I will have another D&C in the next few days and will hopefully be able to move forward soon. Dr. C said I am his new mission. I am lucky to have a great RE and really hope that he can help us. This has been such a long, hard road and it is just so unbelievable.

2 comments:

ashley said...

My heart breaks for you. I have experienced many many losses myself and I know what you're going through. I was ready to give up and my RE started me on injectibles and looks like that's what finally did it. I didn't think we needed medication such as that because we didn't have absolutely any trouble getting pregnant, much like you. I am so very sorry for you loss. I hope your surgery goes well.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say again how sorry I am. It is so hard to keep going through this and finding hope again, especially after following all the steps they tell you to do. I hope the d&c goes as well as it can and they can provide some answers on why this has happened again. It is so unfair. Just know there are others who have been through the same thing and we understand. I'll be thinking of you.
Nancy