I will start by saying that I am still heavily medicated, so I hope this all makes sense.
It was hard to wait all week for this day. It is a very strange feeling to walk around knowing that the baby inside of you is no longer alive. My surgery wasn't scheduled until noon and I couldn't eat or drink after midnight last night. And since eating is the only thing that has helped my morning sickness, this morning I was pretty nauseous and hungry all at the same time. I tried to stay up late last night so I could sleep in this morning, but I only made it until 11pm and was up by 8am. I tried to read and relax this morning, but that is easier said than done. We went in at 11 and the nurses were so kind and caring. One of the nurses actually started tearing up when she learned it was my 4th loss. She hugged me a few times and it was so nice to feel that they really cared. They gave me the nausea patch this time, since I was so incredibly sick after my last surgery. I finally went into surgery at about 1 and just remember the drugs hurting my hand. I was hoping I would fall asleep quickly and did. I woke up in recovery and they hadn't pulled the throat tube out yet....yuck. That was unpleasant. They let me stay as long as I wanted and I really appreciated all their kindness. It was a "better" experience than my last surgery. I am back home now with my pain meds and my husband will be getting some movies for us soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel your pain, I have had three D&C's myself and to say the least, they're no picnic. I hope you recover quickly and that when you're ready to start trying again, that your doc has a new agressive plan for you, your his "mission" afterall. Take care.
Emily, I'm thinking of you. I hope your recovery becomes easier now that the surgery is over. I just want to give you a big hug--it is so hard and isolating to keep going through this.
Post a Comment