Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I got my test results

I called the doctor's office this morning since I had not heard back about my D&C test results or my b/w results. They should have both been back last week or the week before, so I was very patient. I was told my doctor had been on vacation. Gotta love it. Anyway, a nurse called me back with the D&C results and said that it shows normal male chromosomes. It was a BOY and there was nothing wrong with him. She said she wanted my doctor to talk with me about the blood results and wanted me to come in for a hcg test because of the positive hpt I had yesterday (I have this fear that they didn't get everything with the D&C so I took a hpt yesterday and it was positive).


I rushed in at noon today and had the blood drawn....that incident is an entirely different story for later.....anyway, they just couldn't believe that I would still have hcg in my system since my D&C was 34 days ago and I have not really had much bleeding at all (I spotted for about 2 weeks after). They kept referring to this as my "new pregnancy." They think I am pregnant again and I just can't believe that. Technically it is possible, but I still think this is something left from my 3rd pregnancy since my symptoms have not gone away completely. They told me that this pregnancy was likely not to work out, because my lining would still be so thin and to prepare for that.....I am ok with all this right now, because I REALLY do not think I am pregnant.

Anyway, the doctor came and talked to me. The blood tests showed that I have MTHFR (or mother ef-er as I like to refer to it) and also factor v leiden. I don't know a lot about these, but I do know they are genetic blood disorders. She said if I get pregnant again I would need to do daily lovenox injections. I have mixed feelings about this all. I am happy that they found a reason and it is something that we can deal with and still have a healthy pregnancy, but on the other hand this is going to suck. I wish I would have pushed for more testing after my second miscarriage and then we wouldn't have had to have a third. I am still worried that there is something else wrong, so I don't know if I should push for more testing or just be satisfied that we found the problem.

At the end of the day today, the nurse called with my hcg results. My hcg is at 31. She said that is good. It is consistent with a new pregnancy based on the dates I gave her. It could also be something left over from my 3rd pregnancy, but they seem more convinced that this is a new pregnancy. We will see when I get checked again on Friday. If it is going up, we have a new pregnancy with not a lot of hope because it is just too soon. If it is going down or staying the same, we will need to do some more investigating and see what is going on.

Holy Crap....what a day.

No comments: